OBJECTIVES OF POSITION.
To plan, coordinate and implement communications and marketing strategies to clarify the role and mandate of the Civil Service and to re-brand the Service as the flagship of the Public Service of Ghana and the secretariat of the political leadership providing public policy advice, responsible leadership and client sensitive services to the general public.
PUBLIC RELATIONS UNIT (PRU)
The Unit exists to:
- Develop, implement and review communication strategies for OHCS.
- Ensure that the details of the OHCS activities are communicated appropriately to all relevant offices and the public.
- Research and evaluate complains, enquires and reactions from the public on OHCS activities and respond appropriately.
- Prepare and supervise the production of publicity brochures, hand-outs, photographs, films, and multimedia programs.
- Organize special events such as press conferences, soirees exhibitions, open days and tours.
- Maintain and update information on the OHCS website in collaboration with RSIM.
- Use appropriate methods to maintain the identity, name and reputation of OHCS.
- Prepare mid-year and annual reports on the activities of the unit.