Internal Audit Unit
OBJECTIVE OF POSITION.
To provide support for the development and establishment of an efficient and well-functioning Internal Audit systems and processes at the OHCS.
INTERNAL AUDIT UNIT (IAU)
The Unit provides the following services:
- Carries out assurance and professional evaluation of the activities of the OHCS.
- Ensures that the system of internal controls provide reasonable assurance to management.
- Provides a means for keeping the management of OHCS fully informed about problems and deficiencies related to the administration of its programmes and operations and the necessity for appropriate corrective action.
- Facilitates the prevention and detection of fraud, abuse and waste.
- Ensures that risks are adequately managed.
- Ensures that financial, managerial and operating information provided internally and externally is accurate, reliable, timely and comply with the laws, policies, plans, standards and procedures.